Social Researcher & Trends Expert
Mark McCrindle is a social researcher with an international reputation for tracking emerging trends, demographic change and customer shifts.
MA, BSc. (Psychology), QPMR
A regular social commentator for prominent media channels, Mark’s understanding of the key issues facing the emerging generations generations as well as his engaging communication style, places him in high demand as a commentator in the press, on radio and on television shows such as Sunrise, The Today Show, 7pm Project, A Current Affair, Today Tonight, 2UE and ABC.
Mark is the Director of McCrindle Research, whose clients include over 100 multinational organisations. His highly valued research and reports have developed his renown as a futurist, demographer and social commentator.
Highly regarded for his multi-faceted presentations, Mark brings a fresh approach to his keynote addresses at conferences, boardroom briefings or facilitated workshops.
Mark graduated from the University of NSW with a BSc (Psychology) after which he completed a Masters degree (MA) in sociology and he is qualified with the research industry’s highest accreditation: QPMR (Qualified Practising Market Researcher). Mark is the author of three books on emerging trends and social change: The ABC of XYZ: Understanding the Global Generations published by UNSW Press, Word Up: A Lexicon and Guide to Communication in the 21st Century published by Halstead Press and The Power of Good published by Hybrid Publishers.
Mark's most requested topics include:
Changing Times, Changing Trends: A snapshot of modern consumers, and an analysis of our fast moving times: from the demographics and household trends to an analysis of the social trends redefining our times.
- From Boomers & Xers to Generation Y & Z: A snapshot of the seismic demographic and generational shifts and their business impacts. An analysis of today’s generations and a guide to effectively bridge the gaps.
- The Future Forum: A strategic analysis of the emerging issues that shape the future. It is a turbocharged workshop which presents research-based future scenarios and equips teams to thrive amidst the shifts.
- Leadership & Communication Skills for the 21st Century: In a world of flat structures and consultative practices, coaching and mentoring has replaced commanding and controlling. This session unpacks the latest research on how to best communicate, engage and lead teams today.
- Engaging with Today’s Students: A session which will equip teachers and trainers with the knowledge and skills to engage this post-literate, multi-modal, tech-savvy generation.
- Recruiting, Retaining & Training Diverse Generations: An overview of the best HR and management practices that connect with an intergenerational workforce. From attraction= and engagement strategies that work to motivating and managing today’s staff.
What clients have said about Mark McCrindle:
"Mark your presentation was brilliant and I look forward to having you involved again"
GROUP TRAINING AUSTRALIA Ltd, Jim Barron, CEO
"I want to thank you for playing a key role in our Conference. We all benefited from your input and I very much appreciate the contribution that you made"
WESFARMERS LTD, Michael Chaney, Managing Director
"I would like to sincerely thank you for speaking at our conference. The feedback received from the delegates was extremely positive and we were extremely delighted with it"
CLUBS NSW, David Costello, CEO
"Not only was your presentation extremely relevant, but it was also informative, motivational, well structured, and entertaining. The global demand for your services comes as no surprise, as it was simply a treat to be entertained by your presentation"
AUTOMOTIVE TRAINING AUTHORITY, John Brady, Executive Director
"Your delivery was relevant and focussed, and provided us with an opportunity to hear first hand from young consumers you have researched."
TOYOTA AUSTRALIA, John Conomos, Chief Executive Officer
"Thought he was spot on! Great speaker: entertaining and to the point.
The best speaker on the day."
ACCOR, Scott Erwin, HR Manager